Businesses and organisations are changing at a rate not seen in our lifetimes and leaders are having to adapt to the rapid technical innovations that occur on a seemingly daily basis. These innovations are changing the way customers interact as well as the expectations of a demographically and culturally diverse workforce.
Leaders need to be able to move swiftly and decisively to take advantage of the changes, and not just for the benefit of the business, but for their employees, customers and wider community.
Leadership goes beyond the CEO or MD, it should be shown by all the management team. The ability to manage operations, make decisions and ensure the success of the bottom line are still important to the smooth running of the business but need to be accompanied by a new set of skills.
· Making decisions at pace in complex situations.
· Managing people across a range of cultural and demographic differences.
· Understanding technology to a certain level.
· Making decision through a maze of ambiguity.
· Working in collaboration with each other with honesty, transparency and integrity, knowing that the answer comes from the team, not just one person.
What employees want has also changed, they now want:
· Career paths that are individualised, challenging, widen their understanding and enable them to continue to learn whilst developing their career.
· To be able to move sideways to be able to deepen their knowledge as well as upwards for more responsibility.
· Project opportunities that open them up to areas and sectors that they may not otherwise see.
· Experiences that will give them the skills to become the tech-savvy, collaborative, adaptable and quick-thinking leaders of the future.
If you can give your team some of these opportunities, you give them chance to develop these key future leadership skills, now.
To find out more about our bespoke training programmes, contact Helen Joy on 07434 962871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org